- Instructions on how to enter and the Prize (defined below) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in the Shire Shark Dive Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The competition is conducted by The Sutherland Shire Business Chamber, Level 4/29 Kiora Rd, Miranda NSW 2228. ABN 53627125062. (“Promoter“).
- Competition entries commence at 8:00am (AEST) on 19th May 2023 and end at 11:59pm (AEST) on 14th June 2023 (“Competition Period”).
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- “Prize” means one $500 prize. The total Prize pool is valued is AU $500.
- There will be one “Winner” selected as part of the Competition;
- An “Eligible Applicant” is an individual who submits an application to enter the competition within the Competition Period;
- “Immediate families” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin;
- “Breakfast Event” means a live event held on Wednesday, 21st June 2023 from 8:45am (AEST) until 11:30am (AEST) at Cronulla RSL, 38R Gerrale Street, Cronulla NSW 2230.
- “Website” means https://sutherlandshirebusiness.com.au/.
Eligibility Criteria and Entry Instructions
- To be eligible to enter the Competition, an individual must, during the Competition Period:
- be an Australian resident, aged 18 years or over (employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter);
- live or conduct their business in the Sutherland Shire, Sydney;
- submit an application via the link on our website including disclosing details of the individual’s full name, contact telephone number, email address and answer mandatory questions between the commencement of the Competition Period and 11:59pm (AEST) on Wednesday, 14th June 2023;
- Should applicants be shortlisted, applicants must be available on Tuesday, 20th June 2023 (placeholder and subject to change) for pitch training at the NADIN Innovation Centre;
- Shortlisted applicants selected at pitch training must be available on Wednesday, 21st June 2023 from 8:45am (AEST) until 11:30am (AEST) to present their innovative idea live at a breakfast event at Cronulla RSL, 38R Gerrale Street, Cronulla NSW 2230.
- Following their initial application, shortlisted candidates will be notified via a telephone call and email within two (2) days following the close of the Competition Period, 11:59pm (AEDT) on Wednesday 14 June 2023;
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend pitch training on Tuesday, 20th June 2023 (placeholder and subject to change)
- At the pitch training day the final candidates will be selected to progress to the next stage.
- Selected candidates will be announced in person at the end of the pitch training day;
- If a selected candidate is not present at the end of the day when the announcement is made, they will be contacted via a telephone call and by email within 24hrs;
- If the candidate is not contactable within 24hrs they forfeit their place, and a position will be offered to the next candidate;
- Selected candidates will attend a live breakfast event Cronulla RSL, 38R Gerrale Street, Cronulla NSW 2230 where they will pitch their innovative idea to our panel of sharks live.
- The Winner will be selected and announced live at the Breakfast Event
- The winner will be determined collectively by the panel of Sharks.
- The Promoter will organise the delivery of the prize within twenty-eight (28) days of the end of the live breakfast event.
- If, for any reason, the Winner does not accept the Prize (or any element of the Prize) by the time(s) stipulated by the Promoter and/or a participating Prize provider, then the Prize (or that element of the Prize) will be forfeited.
- If the Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize to the equal value.
- The Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to change the dates of the pitch training and Shire Shark Dive breakfast event.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- Incomplete or indecipherable Applications will be deemed invalid. Eligible Applicants are responsible for ensuring their correct email address and phone number are provided, and that any updated details are notified to the Promoter. The Promoter accepts no responsibility should a Winner fail to receive their Prize because of a failure to notify the Promoter of a change to these details.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Applicant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Applicant.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Entries and applications (including an applicant’s identity, place of residence and place of employment) and to disqualify any Applicant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the application process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of theCompetition. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- Each Eligible Applicant consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome).
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including, but not limited to, technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to: (a) disqualify any Eligible Applicant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the Website is the Eligible Applicant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used. The Promoter makes no guarantee of the availability of its web services and will not be held responsible for interruption of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in the Promotion.
- Subject to clause 30), the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (b) any application or Prize that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (c) any variation in the Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (d) any tax liability incurred by a Winner or Eligible Entrant; or (f) use of (and participation in, if applicable) a Prize.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any consumer rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (“CCA“) or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement. If the CCA or any other legislation implies a condition, warranty or term into the Terms and Conditions or provides statutory guarantees in connection with these Terms and Conditions, in respect of goods and services supplied (if any), the Promoter’s liability for breach of such a condition, warranty, other term or guarantee is limited (at the Promoter’s election) to the extent it is able to do so: (1) in the case of supply of goods, the Promoter doing any one or more of the following: (a) replacing the goods or supplying equivalent goods; (b) repairing the goods; (c) paying the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; and/or (d) paying the cost of having the goods repaired; or (2) in the case of supply of services, the Promoter doing either or both of the following: (a) supplying the services again; and/or (b) paying the cost of having the services supplied again.
Support is available at:
Phone: 0414 734 490