Your opportunity to make a difference within the Shire.
As a not-for-profit membership organisation, the Sutherland Shire Business Chamber (SSBC) provides an important and independent voice supporting local businesses and our community.
Our Executive Board plays in integral role in representing local businesses and delivering an exciting calendar of events and initiatives which enables businesses in the Shire to thrive!
We are excited to announce that we will be opening nominations to be part of our Executive Committee soon. As a financial SSBC member you welcome to submit a nomination and vote in the upcoming election.
Each year, in accordance with our Constitution, a number of Board positions become available. In 2023, we will be looking to fill a number of roles (see nomination form below).
The SSBC aims to represent a diverse range of businesses within the local community. For that reason, and to achieve diversity within our Board composition we are seeking interest from representatives who have expertise in any (but not limited to) the following sectors:
- Professional with HR / Legal expertise
- 18 – 30-year-old aspiring business leader (to support planned 2024 youth initiative)
- Senior Executive representing a large Sutherland Shire business (50 staff+)
If you are passionate about improving the business landscape of the Shire, and want to make a difference for local businesses like yours, we encourage you to submit a nomination between the 18th of August and the 7th of September 2023.
Important 2023 Dates
- 18 August – 7 September – Nominations open to all financial SSBC members*
- 7 September – Nominations close
- 13 September – Candidates posted on SSBC website and ballot papers distributed to members
- 14 September – Voting opens to financial SSBC members*
- 25 September – Voting closes at midday
- 28 September – Annual General Meeting – Announcement of new Executive Committee
*In accordance with Clause 5.10 of the constitution, non-paying members do not have voting rights and they, or their representatives, may not propose a nominee or fill the office of Director of the Company.
For details about the positions available and how to submit please download the nomination form.