The NSW Business Chamber has called on the NSW Government to increase the payroll tax threshold to at least $1 million as part of the next NSW budget to be delivered in June.
It’s estimated that an increased threshold would:
- Reduce payroll tax and administration costs for approximately 20,000 business in NSW
- Save NSW businesses $40 million in tax administration costs each year
- Allow businesses to reinvest savings to expand operations and create new jobs and opportunities for the people of NSW
With the Government currently finalising the NSW Budget, it’s critical that businesses across the state add their voice to ensure that they make the change!
Below is a pro-forma letter for you to send to your state MP – calling on them to support lifting the payroll tax threshold to $1 million. A list of all state MP contacts is also attached for your reference.
- To download the pro-forma letter please click here.
- To download a list of state MP contacts please click here.
Further information on why the payroll tax threshold should be increased can be found here.
This call also forms part of the Keeping NSW Number 1 pre-election campaign.
Thank you for your support on this important issue. Together we can build a better working environment for NSW businesses!